Skye + references
(via lizzymaxia)Source: ohmycheese
From this fantastic essay on the nature of the true terror of Welcome to Night Vale, written by ladysisyphus, which was linked in a reblog of my criticism of fandom’s perception of Cecil, the narrator of the series.
That’s a lot of links, I know. Just click the first one. It’s where the quote comes from.
- cecil and carlos emerging as the power couple of the anti-strexcorp movement
- the two of them meeting tamika in the dead of night and being led to a secret underground rebellion base in the middle of the desert
- carlos installing solar panels (delivered as a favor from an old college classmate) and wiring the bunker up so that cecil can broadcast
- cecil turning on his microphone at 3 AM and whispering encouragements to the rebellion efforts
- carlos setting up a makeshift lab in a spare room so they can try to stay one step ahead of whatever strex is up to
- cecil giving out info over the radio in modified sumerian because everyone knows the strex CEOs would never know such an inefficient language
- carlos cooking eggs for both of them while cecil goes over the written news reports one more time
- cecil and carlos with bags under their eyes and passion for the cause written all over their faces
- cecil and carlos snuggling on their camp cot, so glad the other was safe for one more day, while the strange colors of the glowing lights are faintly visible through their tiny window
(via feralplasticbag)Source: keatsandkittens